as most of you already know, I can not participate this year in the 24h of the Nordschleife for medical reasons. I am positive, that one day I will be able to drive again a car on the road and than we see what will happen!
For the moment I have to liv with my 5 wins at the 24h of the Nordschleife. …what could be worse 😉
I would like to thank the team Manthey, I won 4 in row and Phoenix, I won the first one with.
I am sure Manthey Racing and my “old” teammates have experience enough and they don’t need my help….
…ok, maybe they do a bit…;-)
But I do wish the same for “my” other team called Phoenix Racing, which are doing a fantastic job at the moment in DTM and GT Racing as some of you know.
So my friends, till than I have to liv with my 5 24h wins in total.
I wish ALL of you good luck and hopefully a race without any incidents on the track!!
See you soon…
better late then never…;-)
I would like to say thank you to all of you who left me a message or comment on my blog.
I still have to read some of them. Most I have already read the last days since I am a bit better.
Just the not seeing to my right hemisphere gives me enough trouble to not read and writing anymore as before. It’s taking extremely long for me and is sometimes very frustrating. Anyhow, for now I have to start to liv with that, even though I don’t give up and hope it will get better in the future. 😉
This is my way of saying: “Thank You” to all of you for standing beside me in this time….
May.09, 2010 • Category Twitter
- @TomCoronel definately…..;-)) in reply to TomCoronel #
- @TomCoronel good luck my friend…. in reply to TomCoronel #
- …Audi seems to be not able to fix this problem. They had similiar problems last year. Maybe it's time to take this problem serious!! #
- In my In Lap I couldn't shift down to 2nd anymore!! Had to stop the ignition and restart the car. Lost probably 15sec. #
- Race 2 was amazing. I started on a dry set. Track was still half wet. I went from. P9 > P5 overall and leaded my class by more then 10 sec. #
May.02, 2010 • Category Twitter
- First race P6 in class. Jim was starting and gained some positions. I continued and also drove the fastest lap in class. Still P6 was max. #
- …Anyhow for me this is not possible or at least not with our car.
Maybe if we get some weight out of the car, please…..;-)) #
- anybody else from the Ferrari teams??!!! They are on P1-2. I guess they use an energy drink in the car… ;-))…. #
- …car at the absolute limit, of course I know the track extremly well.. 😉 but again there us one Ferrari team that is quicker then …. #
- ….starts the first 70min race in 40 min and I qualified on 3rd position starting the 50min race tomorrow at 13.10
I was driving the…. #
- … So we had not much driving time, just 50 min before quali. I did only 4 laps. Anyhow for the first race Jim qualified P9 and … #
- GT-Open Nürburgring:
We started with a lot problems. Car is one race old and the reliability is not the best> wheel bearing broke twice… #
- On my way to the GT-Open race at the Nürburgring. Strange to go there and not driving on the Nordschleife. 😉 #
- @schlichtegroll ;-)) in reply to schlichtegroll #
- Hey guys,
here is a link to the official 24h Nürburgring side:
Apr.25, 2010 • Category Twitter
- After knowing why the race was red flagged, nothing at this weekend is of any importants to me anymore….
I am sorry.
- Race was red flagged. Heavy accident in the Lauda corner. We had a problem and were standing 7 min at the box… #
- P4 at the moment. After 4 laps Audi had already 2 tyrepuncture. #
- Good morning, just qualified the Wochenspiegel Porsche: P2. Phoenix Audi is P1.
I will drive the last stint around 14.30 #
- I am looking forward to the race with the Wochenspiegel Cup-S. Will be fun…;-) #
what a day at the Nürburgring: tested my GT-Open Audi, drove a Porsche Cup car and a Cup-S that I will drive tomorrow in the race. 😉 #
- @dumbreck_fan I was driving with my teammate to Monaco….;-) in reply to dumbreck_fan #
- …lost 14 sec. >P3. Afterall it was a great first racewnd in the Intl. GT-Open.
We looking fwd. for the next one http://yfrog.com/3wb3fj #
- Race 2: started on Pole in rain. After 13 laps and before driverchange I was leading by 12sec! We had some trouble at driverchange… #
- Start in 55 min. Raining… #
Apr.18, 2010 • Category Twitter
- …from P11 to P8. Drvchnge & I finished on P4. Under this circumstances it was a great start into the Season. 😉 http://yfrog.com/j14sxj #
- P4 in our class.
Racestart was crazy: evbdy on slick but still wet. Directly SC. Jim kept the car on the track and did a perfect job…. #
- Q2: P1 in wet condition. 1.5 sec ahead of the second!!
Felt like driving a Rallyecar. Massive under- and oversteer…. Was fun. ;-)) #
- P11 for first race… #
- Good Morning, Q1 in 4 min. It's full wet and still raining. Jim is driving. http://yfrog.com/4xxhafj #
- So far we had a good wknd. Consistent up front. Jim qualifies the car for race1 me for race2. He has to start R1 and me R2 then. Cross fngrs #
- FP2: Jim started the session. We improved the car a bit and we should be good prepared for the race. At the end of FP2 I was 2nd in class #
- 1FP: P.11 Overall and P.1 in GTS class.
It's a lot of traffic out there and hard to get a free lap. 45 cars in total. #
- Tomorrow starts a new championship for me. We have two free practise session. I keep you posted.
Good Night… http://yfrog.com/g0sl9cj #
- @schlichtegroll sieht gut aus, denke wir sind competitive… in reply to schlichtegroll #
- VLN2 on Sport1:
/08:45Uhr ,SPORT1 ,4h-Rennen (2. VLN-Lauf)
/07:40Uhr ,SPORT1 ,4h-Rennen (2. VLN-Lauf) (Wiederholung) #
- Here are the last results of the day. Matthew is us: http://yfrog.com/g4zypsj #
- Testday was great for us. One new set of Tieres and I was fastest at the end. Jim Matthew did a good job too. Very consistent and quick… #
- Just drove the first laps in Valencia with the R8. It's still a bit damp but was fun to drive. ;-)))) http://yfrog.com/b9nx2j #
- Sitting in the plane to Valencia via Zurich.
Looking forward to the first weekend in The intl. GT-Open with Phoenix Racing. #
- @oneighturbo Thanks, lets hope for the 24h! ;-)) in reply to oneighturbo #
- @TomCoronel Say hello to Peter and push guys! 😉 in reply to TomCoronel #
- Next stop: Valencia 😉 http://yfrog.com/jokigj #
- Here is the link to the new int. GT Open website:
- @TomCoronel thanks man. How is it going for you…. in reply to TomCoronel #
- Sitting with friends at the Döttinger Höhe petrol station and watching GT-Masters and LMES. ;-).
Nice Sunday aftn. http://yfrog.com/49uudj #
Apr.11, 2010 • Category Twitter
- Here is the car after the race:
- @KleeneJessi danke. Kein Problem, komm einfach vorbei…. in reply to KleeneJessi #
- I had a great 3rd stint. 12laps (nearly 100min)
That was cool. Started P5 finished P1.
2nd race, 2nd win!
Thank you guys #
- First Pitstop…. http://yfrog.us/5xhjdz #
- Quali is over. P5. Audi, BMW, Audi and then 2 Porsche. http://yfrog.com/j4xemj http://yfrog.com/20v6kj #
- Morning, yesterday I was not driving. Today out the first laps in quali. I was 3rd even though it was a bit damp… #
- @TomCoronel Hey, I hope so. We need to party after the race in any case!
See you soon my friend. Good luck.
Cheers Marcel in reply to TomCoronel #
- Little video from our box…. http://yfrog.us/0oxc1z #
- http://yfrog.com/iyc16pj #
- Perfect…..;-) http://yfrog.com/5mxk4uj #
- Arrived at Frankfurt Airport. Straight to the Nürburgring. At 16.00 the free practise starts. Romain and Timo driving with me this wknd. #
- @dumbreck_fan thanks, looking forward to it. Just arrived at Frankfurt Airport going straight to Nürburgring. 😉 in reply to dumbreck_fan #
- @chauffeurinbonn ich jammern?! absolut nicht! Bin mehr als froh darüber. Gibt’s etwas besseres als Rennen zu fahren? ok, ähnlich gut! ;-)) in reply to chauffeurinbonn #
- …this is really cool and I am looking forward to it. #
- The next 4 wknds will be really busy. 2 races with our GT3-R and 2 races in the GT-Open with the R8-LMS. Then one wknd off before the 24h!! #
- @Niki__V Hey, nein nicht wirklich. Aber wenn Du eine Strecke nicht kennst hilft Dir um Sie kennenzulernen. in reply to Niki__V #
- Happy Easter to you all.
I had a great Easter-weekend with my family #
Apr.04, 2010 • Category Twitter
- @Niki__V Bin in der Mitte gefahren als im Kesselchen und dann Metzgersfeld Gelb war. Glaube 8.29.
Du kannst die Zeiten auf http://www.vln.de sehen in reply to Niki__V #
- Now official: My 2010 Season – 18 races in 2 Championships and the 24h of the Nordschleife.
For more info go here: http://bit.ly/c7gQKf #
- cool video from the VLN1
- Here you find an Interview the guys from the vln-fanpage did after the race.http://j.mp/awB5Sm #
Mar.28, 2010 • Category Twitter
- Just landed in Nice again. Farfus is with me in the plane as well. #
- Here is the official report from the VLN in German:
- Sitting at Frankfurt airport. Just enjoying my starbucks caramel machiato #
- @BennyBlack85 danke, schauen wir mal. Kann BMW nicht Einschätzen.. in reply to BennyBlack85 #
- @Apple_Guru thanks, will do. 😉 in reply to Apple_Guru #
- @MSchmitz danke, hat gepasst! ;-)) in reply to MSchmitz #
- @20832com cooles Rennen…. in reply to 20832com #
- FIRST VICTORY THIS!
started 2nd finished 1st and it was the first Victory for the new GT3-R
Great Start for this season
What else?! 😉 #
- I had a great stint. A lot of yellows and crashed cars everywhere. I gave the car to Marc on first position. We should be on the Podium 😉 #
- In 3 laps I jump into the car. First time I will get some decend laps. Hope it stays dry for my stint #
- 1h into the race: Audi is flying compare to us. We still in top 3 but loosing time every lap. BMW is gambling in my eyes. They follow quiet. #
- Timo will start the race than me than Marc. Hope the conditions are consistant… Starting grid is getting full. http://yfrog.com/1ayzfj #
- Completed 2 laps. Was really difficult to drive in the rain. No grip at all. Hope tomorrow Its getting better.
Drivers briefing 7.45. ;-( #
- @WhatsAppInc Hey guys,
How can I see my friend on whatsapp. He has a bb and I can't get him in my list on what's app I have an iPhone?
- @AmigosRacing thanks good luck for you as well…..:-) in reply to AmigosRacing #
- sitting at the Nice Airport flying to Frankfurt. The first VLN race this weekend. Timo and Marc will join me for the 4h race on saturday #
- After a long run this morning I know see a friend for lunch. It's a nice place close to Monaco "Le Cabanon" http://yfrog.com/eut8sj #
- @20832comHi, war zwar nur zweiter aber schliesse mich an…und ist es nicht eine Linkskurve bei der man einlenken sollte/muss?! ;-)) ciao #
- I was supposed to test in Spa this week. But due to a collapsed tunnel underneath the track, the test was cancelled. Too bad… #